New Post Advanced Search

Jet2 Full Refund

7 replies 183 views
stevefitz1959stevefitz1959 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Just received a full refund from Jet2 for a cancelled holiday which was due on 29th June. Under current circumstances this is an example of excellent customer service in these difficult times. If you want to retain a customer base for the future this is the way to do it. Given my experience I will certainly be using them again. I have another holiday which was due 6th May which was booked with Love Holidays and Ryanair and no news of any refund yet. I know where my business will go in the future.... 

Replies

• jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    27.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with Loveholidays - my dd has had to accept a credit note from them.
    She is far nicer than me!
  • TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want examples of polar opposites in terms of customer service you just need to look at Jet2 and Ryanair.
  • badger09badger09 Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just received a full refund from Jet2 for a cancelled holiday which was due on 29th June. Under current circumstances this is an example of excellent customer service in these difficult times. If you want to retain a customer base for the future this is the way to do it. Given my experience I will certainly be using them again. I have another holiday which was due 6th May which was booked with Love Holidays and Ryanair and no news of any refund yet. I know where my business will go in the future.... 
    Good to hear that some companies are abiding by the law, despite what must be extremely difficult times for them. As you say, that is the way to retain their customer base.TELLIT01 said:
    If you want examples of polar opposites in terms of customer service you just need to look at Jet2 and Ryanair.

To be honest, did anyone expect Ryanair to be have in the same way as Jet2 in the current situation when it never did in 'normal' times. 
  • IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    20.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to agree with you about Jet2. We received the email giving us choices and saying to wait for a phone call.  A couple of weeks later I noticed the full amount, including extras refunded to our credit card.  Excellent service from Jet2 (compared to some of the horror stories I have been reading in relation to refunds)
    Ivan has left the building ... but reserves the right of reply!
    Use PM to keep in touch
  • Murphy_The_CatMurphy_The_Cat Forumite
    20.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to agree with you about Jet2. We received the email giving us choices and saying to wait for a phone call.  A couple of weeks later I noticed the full amount, including extras refunded to our credit card.  Excellent service from Jet2 (compared to some of the horror stories I have been reading in relation to refunds)

I agree, an absolutely cracking way to treat customers and I hope that good companies (like Jet2) get the benefit from customers in the years to come - or will people return to the companies that have given very service (Ryanair keeps getting repeated mentions is dispatches)  because they are 10p cheaper ?

• dottymaydottymay Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    can anyone help.  I won a package holiday that has been cancelled am I entitled to anything.  thanks

• bradders1983bradders1983 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well who did you win it off? Contact the competition organisers.