account added

Hi I was just checking my report as i had a new email saying a new agreement is being added but all i get is this 

Account added

A new Basic bank account will be added to your June report.

ORGANISATION NAME
Halifax
ACCOUNT NUMBER

This could mean that youve recently opened a new account, or it might be because a lender has just shared some information relating to an old account.

I did have an old halifax account but i had a DRO granted in 2012 and these accounts were settled on being discharged from the DRO.

I have been very carefull that i dont get into finacial problems again but this seems that halifax want to stir it up why ?

Or is this fraud ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 June 2020 at 10:54AM
    Why do you think they would want to 'stir it up'?  That's a very odd view, given how insignificant your account is to them.

If you don't recognise the account, you simply dispute it.  But make sure you've actually looked at your report before you do.
  • I have checked my report  and it just says pending so just wait and see if anything happens ,sorry people I should have posted this on my NAS forum but thought I would post here as it's to do with money matters 
  • Fighter1986
    Fighter1986 Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Halifax seem to be retrospectively adding old accounts to people's credit files. When you get your up to date report, check exactly how the account appears - what's the start date? What's the settled date? What does the account payment history show? Is all of this accurate? Dispute it with Halifax if anything is inaccurate, when you drill down into exactly how the account appears on your credit file. 
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    This is happening quite a bit just now, seems to be just the Halifax though, i had an old joint account opened in 2002, closed in 2007, and long gone from my credit file, suddenly re-appear last month on credit karma, still saying it was open.
    I have lodged a formal complaint with the Halifax, simply because, as it was a joint account, i have again been linked with my ex-wife, so i suggest you do the same.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback