NSANDI payment issue

Options
Have opened a junior isa with NSANDI payment of 9000 made went through but screen went back to home page. Phoned them said transaction did not go through. Money left account yesterday and bank has confirmed the transaction. NSANDI refusing that they have received the money. What to do

Comments

• harsh_but_fair
    Options
    How unlucky oh well well better luck next time
  • Socajam
    Socajam Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I know when I wire money from my Nationwide to NS&I, it takes about 3 days for it to show up in my account.
    If you expected the money to show up the same day or the next, I doubt it will.
    In the sending bank, it shows as gone, but at the receiving end it does not show as being received.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,982 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ask your bank to provide confirmation of the transaction details, provide that to NS&I and they can trace the payment in their holding account. Or you can wait a few days until the payment does get allocated / show up.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • aloo1234
    Options
    I have asked them they have provided me the transaction I’d which I have given to NSANDI
  • tigerspill
    tigerspill Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have found the NSI web site appalling in terms of the reliability of payments form my debit card.  I have had the problem the OP mentions around 25% of the time - i.e. one in four payments in fails!
    Each time I have had to plan them, they blame my card.  I have never had a single other failure on the card in over a decade (many thousands of transactions).
    It is a real pain and I am actually considering closing my account as a result.
  • PaulBear
    PaulBear Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Their website does have a very bad reputation and I wish MSE site would mention this in their advertising of this as a top savings account. There is a button at the bottom for pending transactions where my initial deposit and subsequent are still showing (28 & 30 June + 1st July - today 3rd July 2020), the balance is still £0. They do seem to be totally outdated and as said by others, they take days to repay a withdrawal, when I can eventually access my money I will have to test this so I can plan my finances.
    An unusual #EpicFail by #MoneySavingExpert
    PaulBear
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PaulBear said:
    Their website does have a very bad reputation and I wish MSE site would mention this in their advertising of this as a top savings account. There is a button at the bottom for pending transactions where my initial deposit and subsequent are still showing (28 & 30 June + 1st July - today 3rd July 2020), the balance is still £0. They do seem to be totally outdated and as said by others, they take days to repay a withdrawal, when I can eventually access my money I will have to test this so I can plan my finances.
    An unusual #EpicFail by #MoneySavingExpert
    PaulBear
    May and June surely, not June and July?
  • krecik
    krecik Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 June 2020 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Same happened to me. I opened an income bonds account on 24th May and deposited a sum at the same time. The money left my current account but the transaction still shows as pending on NSandI site and account balance as £0. I called them but during the wait the recorded message said they prioritize customers wanting to withdraw and they cannot offer assistance with all transactions so I gave up. Will try again as it seems a common issue. Update: I've just sent @nsandihelp a DM on twitter and they responded with this: "Any deposits made into an Income Bond account after the 20th of the month, may not show on your account until after the 5th of the following month. This is whilst the interest is calculated. However, any Payments made during this time will start earning interest from the day that you make your payment."
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    maybe this will help things, from NS&I,

We're going to carry out some essential maintenance on our systems so we want to let you know in advance.

• 01:00 to 15:00 on Saturday 06 June 2020.

During this time there may be a delay in receiving any text messages or email notifications you are expecting from us.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure