NatWest / RBS / Ulster Bank – 20mths 0%, no fee (19.9% interest after)

Options
I did this: - Trick for non-customers to apply: If you're able to open a cash ISA with at least £1 or a fixed-rate savings account with at least £500, you'll meet the eligibility criteria for the card.
still says I'm not eligible via your checker or Natwest's one...do I have to wait for a periof of time for the £1 to register somewhere?
It wasn't exactly easy to set up with Natwest, and now I'm still no better off. Is there something I'm missing?

cheers

Comments

• binaryuniverse
    Options
    Slightly delayed response, and I know I'm not answering your question, but it's a strange one, this 'trick'. The trick being that in order to be eligible for not being a customer, you become a customer. That's not a 'trick'. It's literally meeting a requirement.

However, I did try applying for an ISA, earlier in the year. Application was so much faff, with documentation and ID, I gave up and applied for a current account instead, which was less hassle. Plus with regular income/outgoings, and an overdraft, they've got more to go on, when sizing you up as a customer.

So a better 'trick' is simply to get a current account with them, in my humble opinion. If you can't get one of those, you probably won't get a credit card either.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback