New Post Advanced Search

Easyjet cancellation notice

8 replies 361 views
Hi all, I have a flight with Easyjet on 18/06 which is a return leg back into London (outward journey already cancelled by another airline). What is the timeframe which Easyjet usually cancel flights? As the outgoing flight is already cancelled, I have no use for the inward flight, but what can I do if it's still showing as running on 17/06?

Replies

• TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it actually does fly, you will simply be defined as a 'no-show' and lose the money.  The fact that you won't be able to use the flight is not their problem.  Easyjet will probably be putting off cancelling as long as possible because of the current uncertainty.
  • saver776saver776 Forumite
    58 posts
    10 Posts
    TELLIT01 said:
    If it actually does fly, you will simply be defined as a 'no-show' and lose the money.  The fact that you won't be able to use the flight is not their problem.  Easyjet will probably be putting off cancelling as long as possible because of the current uncertainty.
    Is there a general amount of time Easyjet are giving before cancelling flights then? If they intend to cancel, would they let me know say with 7 days notice? Can't imagine they would leave it till literally the last day if they do intend to cancel, they're not that bad, are they?
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is your flight on th list of Easyjet flights that are scheduled to commence on 15 Jun
    https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/14243/easyjet-announces-restart-of-flying-from-15-june-with-new-bio-security-measures
    58 posts
    10 Posts
    sheramber said:
    Is your flight on th list of Easyjet flights that are scheduled to commence on 15 Jun
    https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/14243/easyjet-announces-restart-of-flying-from-15-june-with-new-bio-security-measures
    Yes, I'll be going from London to Barcelona.
  • edited 3 June at 9:57AM
    sherambersheramber Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 June at 9:57AM
    It appears you will not be allowed entry
    Spain will lift its 14 day quarantine rule for tourists on 1 July - but Brits will only be allowed into the country if COVID-19 is at an "acceptable" level in the UK.

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has made it clear that "tourists will not run any risks, nor will they bring any risks to our country."

Authorities are currently working out how to decide who will be let into Spain -and how to avoid importing a second wave of coronavirus.

There will also be strict social distancing measures in place in hotels, beaches and restaurants.

Currently, only Spanish citizens, permanent residents or those who can prove they need to enter Spain for essential reasons will be allowed to enter the country.
    https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/travel/22-countries-given-holiday-ban-18334749
    58 posts
    10 Posts
    sheramber said:
    It appears you will not be allowed entry
    Spain will lift its 14 day quarantine rule for tourists on 1 July - but Brits will only be allowed into the country if COVID-19 is at an "acceptable" level in the UK.

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has made it clear that "tourists will not run any risks, nor will they bring any risks to our country."

Authorities are currently working out how to decide who will be let into Spain -and how to avoid importing a second wave of coronavirus.

There will also be strict social distancing measures in place in hotels, beaches and restaurants.

Currently, only Spanish citizens, permanent residents or those who can prove they need to enter Spain for essential reasons will be allowed to enter the country.
    https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/travel/22-countries-given-holiday-ban-18334749
    Sorry, I meant to say the flight in question is Barcelona to London with Easyjet. The outward flight to Barcelona has already been cancelled by another airline.
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in this too. We're due to fly to Italy on 15th June. The only communication we've had so far is a recent offer to change our flight to a later date at no cost, or to accept a voucher plus a £10 voucher, neither of which will be refunded if the flights booked using them get cancelled (how do easyJet think this is an attractive offer).  We can't do anything other than wait for eJ to cancel as we have a non-refundable accommodation bill we will have to try to claim on insurance which I'm pretty sure won't get paid back if we decide to move the flight dates.
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have this morning received the cancellation for our outward flight on 15th June, so OP I guess your's will come in the next few days.