Forum Home» Mortgages & Endowments

Halifax - contacting their senior management?

New Post Advanced Search

Halifax - contacting their senior management?

edited 1 June at 8:18PM in Mortgages & Endowments
15 replies 622 views
everlastingblufeverlastingbluf Forumite
2 posts
First Post
edited 1 June at 8:18PM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi Forum,

I wish to dispute a mortgage for a family member (they are elderly and I am taking up the matter for them), held with Halifax.

We're not happy with what has gone on, and I want to write to someone very senior who has the power to waive the remaining mortgage obligations.

Does anyone know who I should be e-mailing/writing to? Russell Galley the MD? Or maybe someone senior enough (board level) that will actually listen, and has the power to do something! Any relevant name(s) and contact address will be greatly received.

Thank you all

Replies

• davidmcndavidmcn Forumite
    17.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have thought it would be more useful to go through their normal complaints procedure. Or have they already done that?
  • JMA74JMA74 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Address it to anyone on the board and it will get sent to executive complaints.  Also if you mention going to the press they will send it to executive complaints as well.  It wont gain you much beyond the normal complaints procedure though.  Im pretty sure its just a different signature on the letter that comes out but the same people who do all the complaint handling.
    Halifax is part of the biggest banking group in the country and the regulator constantly reviews their complaints mangement to ensure its being followed.  If you arent happy with their response then you can go to the ombudsman, the same rights that everyone else has.   

You wont get a magic soluction just by sticking a name at the top of a complaint.  Otherwise everyone will do that.    Put a board members name and it will get passed back down the line and end up with where it would have been if you had just followed the normal procedure

Source: Used to work for Halifax and worked in complaints management at ahead office site.  I also had a button to stick 'executive complaint handler' after my name if i needed someone to think they were being handled differently
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    101.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not happy with what has gone on, and I want to write to someone very senior who has the power to waive the remaining mortgage obligations.
    That is quite an ask and a very rare outcome.  It would need significant failures for that to be even considered.     Is it a failure of the sales process (in which case, did Halifax even sell it - most of theirs are broker/estate agent arranged?) or is a failure or servicing?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    72.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What authority do you have to represent them and act on their behalf? 
    “Markets have been so good for so long, that many investors are trivialising the advanatages of actively managing portfolio risk" - Gervais Williams
  • GalloglassGalloglass Forumite
    787 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    What authority do you have to represent them and act on their behalf? 
    They may not even talk to you about someone else's financial position, quoting Data Protection, so the suggestion to get some sort of authority is very valid.

Climbed the ladder to success in life? Take that ladder and lend it to someone less fortunate.

• csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you thinking the mortgage is mis-sold  by any chance? I assume they were of sound mind and not vulnerable/elderly when they took out the mortgage many years ago?

On what basis do yo have a complaint? 
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ PIxie RIP
  • everlastingblufeverlastingbluf Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    Dear all

Thank you for all the replies.

Without going into the details (just because this is a public forum), I don't think the bank will have any issue with me acting for them regarding the complaint, and it is not a complaint as such but it is a serious matter and I do actually think it would be relevant at board level.

Again sorry to be evasive but the details are not something I can put in a public forum right now.

But going back to my original query, can anyone help with relevant contact details?

Thanks all
  • JMA74JMA74 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Write to anyone at a senior level and it will get passed back down the line to complaints.   Just register it as a complaint and then it is tracked and dealt with under the FCA guidelines.   Send it to someone randomly and they can lose it in a mailbox or take weeks to get back to you with no recourse as you dint register as a complaint so they arent held to timescales
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    72.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Start your complaint through the normal channels and escalate from there. Enough layers of management who are better placed to deal with your query than the board of Lloyds Bank. Who have more important matters to address when they meet once a month. 
    “Markets have been so good for so long, that many investors are trivialising the advanatages of actively managing portfolio risk" - Gervais Williams