Credit limit increase & updating report

edited 1 June at 7:01PM in Credit Cards
4 replies 112 views
pinkcocktail82pinkcocktail82 Forumite
13 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 1 June at 7:01PM in Credit Cards
Hi, each time I increase my credit limit, my score goes up. I still only spend less than 30% of balance & repay in full each month. However, it seems to take months for my credit reports to be updated with my new limit increase? Does anyone know how I could get my reports updated shortly after the increase? TIA

Replies

• dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, each time I increase my credit limit, my score goes up. I still only spend less than 30% of balance & repay in full each month. However, it seems to take months for my credit reports to be updated with my new limit increase? Does anyone know how I could get my reports updated shortly after the increase? TIA
    You can’t it’s down to when the lender sends your account conduct to the CRAs, it can take upto 6 weeks for it to show on your credit reports. 
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • pinkcocktail82pinkcocktail82 Forumite
    13 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Arh I see, thanks for that. 👍
  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Also your score means diddly squat as no lender ever uses it. You should be focusing on whats on your report and that your account history is correct and that there are no errors on it. 
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • D3xt3r5L4bD3xt3r5L4b Forumite
    705 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    You don’t - you wait.
    And ignore the score going up or even down.