New Post Advanced Search

Make £10 A Day June 2020

edited 1 July at 8:21AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
53 replies 1K views
SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
2.7K posts
1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭✭
edited 1 July at 8:21AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
Hello and welcome everybody to our sixth challenge of 2020! 

Now more than ever we are probably all trying to find extra ways to bring in extra money with the current climate.

This is the 153rd month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007. Here is a link to the original thread as I am sure some of you are interested to read where it all began.

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it and for everyone who has kept it going for more than 11 years! I would especially like to thank Aesop who ran the thread for the last few years.

The original purpose of this challenge was to help people to try and make an extra £10 a day on top of their normal income to help things along. Ie paying off debt, making savings, paying for holidays, overpaying mortgages etc.

That is exactly what this challenge is about, attempting to make extra income on top of your normal income to help you wherever you need it.

People start the challenge by setting a goal of £1 a day. Then when they find they are smashing this regularly, they up it to £5 a day. Some of us gluttons for punishment go for £10 a day. It really is entirely up to you. We only ask you to post what your goal is to help you keep motivated. Some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for extra at the end of the month.

What cannot be added:
Wages from your main job

What can be added:
Overtime
Income from a second job
Daily clicks
Interest
Vouchers
Mystery shopping
Survey income
Profit from selling on eBay etc
Cashback
And lots of other ways too. Check out the boost your income guide on this website for lots of ideas.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

So who wants to join us?

CHALLENGERS:

SSDD23: £10 A Day Target - £137.55 Total

bestlifenow: £5 A Day Target - £21.93 Total

bloomfelt: £5 A Day Target - £109.03 Total

killielila: £10 A Day Target - £100 Total

A Random Man: £10 A Day Target - £448 Total

lookafterthepennies2020: £5 A Day Target - £171.05 Total

welshspendthrift: £1 A Day Target

Frugalistamama - £10 A Day Target - £40 Total
VSP #12 £102.63
LISA - £87.37
EF - £0.00

Replies

• Hi SSDD, thank you for running the challenge. Can you put me down for £5 a day, please?
    bln x
  • bloomfeltbloomfelt Forumite
    442 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the new thread SSDD23 please could you put me down for £5 a day again
    Starting the month with £2.12 in interest.
    £5 a day Aug 29.03/155
    Aug NSD's 4/20
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Added you both on and here's to a good month! X
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    £1.18 cashout from Qmee :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
    442 posts
    ✭✭
    Another 12.55 from various survey sites
    £5 a day Aug 29.03/155
    Aug NSD's 4/20
  • killielilakillielila Forumite
    276 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    hi, guys, can I have 10 a day  and  I'm already 100  / 300  <3 few things I had hoped come in last month came in  this week  so   already off to good start 

is anyone else an octopus energy  customer  . they  said the give rebate for any energy used during 2 hours during bank hol ( something to do with   sunny and windy =  lots of renewable energy but factories etc being closed  and  national grid having too much  energy  and not going to buy from the green sources  I don't fully understand ) anyway I apparently have a £2 rebate due on my June  bill since I stripped n washed all the  beds n towels lol  will declare it officially when it hits my account 
    finances disaster but baby-stepping back to security:

2020 in 2020 _ £37
    June nsd 3/ 15
    £10 a day June 10/300
    June grocery challenge 116/ 200
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi, guys, can I have 10 a day  and  I'm already 100  / 300  <3 few things I had hoped come in last month came in  this week  so   already off to good start 

is anyone else an octopus energy  customer  . they  said the give rebate for any energy used during 2 hours during bank hol ( something to do with   sunny and windy =  lots of renewable energy but factories etc being closed  and  national grid having too much  energy  and not going to buy from the green sources  I don't fully understand ) anyway I apparently have a £2 rebate due on my June  bill since I stripped n washed all the  beds n towels lol  will declare it officially when it hits my account 
    oooh very nice :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • A_Random_ManA_Random_Man Forumite
    771 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Sign me up again please I have made about £8 today

EF - £258.50
    Matched Betting £7340.10|eBay £354.44|Quidco £125.90| Surveys £207.56
    Debt Remaining: £6274.31 - Debt Free Date: 20/07/2024 (47 Months)
    442 posts
    ✭✭
    Another £4.72 from my barclays rewards - they have changed the way they pay for insurance so its gone down a lot  :(
    £5 a day Aug 29.03/155
    Aug NSD's 4/20
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    All updated, £3.86 for me from Intellizoom
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00