• Cloughy
    Cloughy Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    This is excellent, thanks!
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 July 2020 at 10:27AM
    Vouchers will be available to customers at 23:45pm on Tuesday 28th July 2020.
    This scheme is only available in England.
    https://fixyourbikevoucherscheme.est.org.uk/

• The site went down straight away.  And it's stayed down as we all frantically press Refresh, Refresh.

That was entirely predictable, wasn't it!    I hope some people out there managed to get the vouchers!
  • Zanderman
    edited 29 July 2020 at 9:08AM
    After the debacle of the midnight website crash last night the message on the site this morning has changed to this rather enigmatic message:

Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme

Thank you for your interest in the Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme. There are no vouchers available right now. Vouchers are being released gradually to reflect the capacity of the bike repairers signed up to the scheme. More vouchers will be made available as soon as possible.

Make of that what you will.  It's completely different to anything they've said before.

They are implying that they're releasing vouchers slowly to help the repairers.

Not, which would be more understandable (as the website crashed, one assumes, because too many of us tried at once), to help the customers.

The Halfords info on this does imply that customers need to choose their repairer when getting the voucher, and that people need to check repairer availability first (how?) so maybe that's what the message above is about. 

But it would be helpful if they would tell us.  
  • Zanderman
    Also worth noting, btw, that according to the current MSE weekly email, everyone needs to give "specific details of the bike you need fixing (eg, brand and colour)" when booking a voucher.  

I'll bet many people struggling at midnight yesterday wouldn't have had that info to hand even if they'd got the website to load. 

So it's probably worth making a note of your bone-shaker's details and keeping it handy.  

• percentxxx
    percentxxx Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 July 2020 at 9:32AM
    Tried on the deadline as they must have known many would The site would not load, kept trying for an hour ,again at 4am and 6am ,no joy , 7.30 they said there were no more available right now,come back soon , another !!!!!! up 
    If as someone says you have to choose the repairer ,as they are still signing up this is daft, I keep my bike 100 miles away from my home at a static caravan I spend most of my time at now retired , I would get far better value from a local private cycle shop than from the likes of Evans or Halfords 
  • percentxxx
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 July 2020 at 1:56PM
    Live now , filled in the first bit, I am now waiting for a verification email so I can sign in and complete the application, is says this may take a little time , this little time in now three hours and no sign of it 
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    I can see it now all these punters getting £50.00 to do up their bike only to list it on eBay for a profit. Nice one!!!
  • percentxxx
    First Post Name Dropper
    Even if they did it is a drop in the ocean to the rest of the money being given out at the moment and someone gets a working bike out of it  !!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback