Forum Home» Credit Cards

Credit refunds from credit cards

New Post Advanced Search

Credit refunds from credit cards

5 replies 73 views
louisec16louisec16 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Is there a timeframe in which a credit refund on a credit card has to be transferred back once requested?  Having problems with Tandem wanting 3-4 weeks to transfer a credit balance.

Replies

• dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    louisec16 said:
    Is there a timeframe in which a credit refund on a credit card has to be transferred back once requested?  Having problems with Tandem wanting 3-4 weeks to transfer a credit balance.

Not really most credit card companies do it very quickly though with the current situation some are taking longer than they normally would to process credit refunds.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - but if there is a debit balance owing on the card then that amount will be deducted to settle the account before any difference in credit is refunded ?
  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - but if there is a debit balance owing on the card then that amount will be deducted to settle the account before any difference in credit is refunded ?

Yup any debit balance on the card will be deducted before any credit can be refunded.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • safe_hands2safe_hands2 Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    AMEX return took approx. 10 days. Whole credit was refunded regardless of debit balance.
  • BajanDreamerBajanDreamer Forumite
    7 posts
    Fourth Anniversary First Post
    Just give them a call and they will do it. Amex refunded £14000 for our cancelled holiday.