Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

Flex Account DD Requirements Past 12 months.

New Post Advanced Search

Flex Account DD Requirements Past 12 months.

4 replies 101 views
HampshireHHampshireH Forumite
2.3K posts
1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
I currently use my Nationwide flex direct account to sweep my funds at the end of the month.

Interest is minimal and im not overly concerned about it on this account.

When I joined Nationwide it was 5% up to 2.5k plus a 5% saver with 1k monthly paying in requirements and 2 DDs.  Both rares have now expired.

I still meet the pay in requirements but in order to tidy up my bills i have switched a DD to another account. I have noc2nd DD to replace it with.

What is the implication of not complying with the 2 DD rule - is it just no interest being paid?

Ive searched their website but cannot see the requirement on their current blurb about the product.

Replies

• surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe there is a direct debit rule for this account - you must be thinking of a switching offer or something?
    The interest rate for this account has gone down to 0.25%, so nothing to write home about 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the only requirement is to credit £750 a month for the free insurance if under 70
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • edited 2 June at 6:26AM
    MDMDMDMD Forumite
    585 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 2 June at 6:26AM
    Robin9 said:
    I think the only requirement is to credit £750 a month for the free insurance if under 70
    That is on old flexaccounts not the Flexdirect.
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MDMD said:
    Robin9 said:
    That is on old flexaccounts not the Flexdirect.
    OP referred to "Flex Account" in the thread title, perhaps not realising that this is an entirely different product from the FlexDirect mentioned in the post itself....