IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Going to court on this one need advice

Options

Comments

• Christhetechnicalguy
    Options
    Where's your stuff about the abuse of process of adding a false £60 in fake costs?

Where's the part about no landowner authority because VCS don't own the car park?

What about stuff about the POFA and no keeper liability?

You also need a Summary Costs Assessment.

Have a look at the threads by @Chefdave and @kkeypulse - both of them showed their documents.
    I covered POFA with your own text. 
    I haven’t done the other things though I’ll look into that. 
    Thanks very much for the links 👍 very much appreciated 
    Chris 

• Christhetechnicalguy
    Options
    Where's your stuff about the abuse of process of adding a false £60 in fake costs?

Where's the part about no landowner authority because VCS don't own the car park?

What about stuff about the POFA and no keeper liability?

You also need a Summary Costs Assessment.

Have a look at the threads by @Chefdave and @keypulse - both of them showed their documents.
    Hi Coupon Mad 
    Thanks very much for this. I’ve read @keypulse thread. Fantastic is all I can say I know exactly how I need to progress this now 👍👍 I’ll have a look at Chefdave next. 
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Your point on the NtK isnt quite correct
    It was ISSUED 61 days after the parking event
     It could not have been *served* on you - delivered to your address - until a presumed 2 working days later. So at min they SERVED it 63+ days later. 
  • Christhetechnicalguy
    Options
    Your point on the NtK isnt quite correct
    It was ISSUED 61 days after the parking event
     It could not have been *served* on you - delivered to your address - until a presumed 2 working days later. So at min they SERVED it 63+ days later. 
    Thank you !! Even better 🤣🤣
  • Christhetechnicalguy
    Options
    Well just as I was relishing the prospect of going to court with all the great advice I have found and been given the ppc sent me this.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There you go, nice outcome. I'm sure you'll have some frustration at not getting to court on this, but you're never guaranteed a win in court (general litigation risk and Judge Bingo), but this is a 100% success. Well done. 👏

ANOTHER VCS ONE BITES THE DUST
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Christhetechnicalguy
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    There you go, nice outcome. I'm sure you'll have some frustration at not getting to court on this, but you're never guaranteed a win in court (general litigation risk and Judge Bingo), but this is a 100% success. Well done. 👏

ANOTHER VCS ONE BITES THE DUST
    Thank you I’m sooooo happy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Call the court to double check :) 
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Nice outcome!
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Now read this

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim

For the price of a stamp such a letter tmight cause them quite a lot of expense.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback