New Post Advanced Search

Pe fine help required

5 replies 61 views
seane69seane69 Forumite
3 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Attend hospital on the 1/3/2020 
When I left the kiosk could not find my car to pay ,several people where having problems , I took a pic ( which I can no longer find ) I went to the security office , to be told they would ring  then as the system was obviously down again , then today the 29/5/2020  I have received a fine of £100 lowered to £60 if paid with in 14 days , has take  nearly 3 months for me to recieved this, there letter says " they wrote to the registered keeper ( i had not received a log book for the car despite  chasing  the previous owners to make sure they had sent it of in Feb ) and they where informed I was the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the parking event as we Do not know the drivers name and current postal address if you where not the driver you should tell us the name and driver and their address "
Cant believe after nearly 3 months I would have to pay this ? 
 is there anything I can do about it 
Thanks 

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! 
    You simply need to complain to the Hospital (PALS) and do the appeal the NEWBIES thread tells you about.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • seane69seane69 Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Tha ks fir the reply
    Is a parking eye fine dont think the hospital will care , but am going to go and ask to see if there is a record of them contacting parking eye on that day to show the system was not working, 
    I am not good at this sort of stuff so will if can get a friend to help me with it  
  • edited 29 May 2020 at 1:34PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 May 2020 at 1:34PM
    You assume wrong.  PALS can get it cancelled - happens all the time and is covered in the NEWBIES thread. 

Loads of people must have got PCNs from that day unfairly and PALS need to step in (no asking what PALS is - this is all in the sticky advice thrread in capitals at the top of this forum board).

Make sure when you appeal, if PALS will not cancel it, that you DON'T choose 'driver' on ParkingEye's menu of choices of course...this is basic stuff also explained in the sticky thread.  Ask your friend to please read that thread first.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • seane69seane69 Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Ok thank you for the advice 
  • MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Do contact PALS.  The hospital's website should have a telephone number and email address for them.  I'd suggest only phoning if there is no email address on the website, and then only to ask for their email.  It can be hard to lay out all the facts while on the phone.  

PALS don't always oblige instantly so you may need to keep on at them.  However this does seem to be quite a clear case of not being able to pay despite trying to do so and I think you have a very good chance of getting PALS to cancel the PCN.  

Main thing is to present the facts: your hospital appointment & which department it was in, the date and time, the problem with the kiosk, the fact that others were having problems, your visit to the Security Office and exactly what they told you.

Briefly explain the reasons for the delay in contacting PALS.

Tell them something like 'I had every intention of paying for parking.  I attempted to pay for parking.  When this proved impossible I sought assistance from the Security Office.  I was assured that the matter would be dealt with.  The impression I was given was that I could leave the hospital grounds without fear of receiving a demand for a large amount of money!'

If the Security Office were even more definite, if they actually stated 'you will not get a parking ticket' then you must say that clearly.  

Tell PALS that as you made every attempt to pay AND sought advice from the Security Office you must insist that they cancel this distressing charge immediately.  

Don't back down, come straight here if you need support.