New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Wedding in England

4 replies 151 views
CptrallsCptralls Forumite
72 posts
10 Posts
Hi All,
I have an invite to a family wedding in the North of England in September. I assumed it would be fully cancelled but just got told it's going ahead. I am unsure how realistic this is under the current conditions with elderly people flying in from Northern Ireland. The wedding will have 100 people at it and will be indoors - is it realistic to expect it to go ahead?

Replies

• Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I doubt it - I am sure there will still be restrictions on gatherings and on social distancing. 

But watch this space
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Mistral001Mistral001 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they have decided to have go ahead and hope of the best.  It is really just up to them to decide.  if you have worries about going to the wedding then do not go.  I would not book any flights or hotels just yet.
  • NorthernJoeNorthernJoe Forumite
    56 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Good luck to them but this is madness.

Second wave likely to hit in September. 
  • snowmensnowmen Forumite
    523 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Doubt if a wedding of 100 people will be allowed in September anyway tbh.
    I think you're mad to even think of going - especially the elderly who might be travelling from here. I am sure the couple who are getting married will understand if you don't want to fly.
    Do what's right to keep you and your loved ones safe.