IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

AS Parking - Parrenporth

Options
2»

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To answer your earlier questions, the defendant gets to choose the location of the hearing.
    If the friend loses the maximum they should end up paying is in the order of £175 - £200. If the defendant wins they can get up to £95 in ordinary costs.

It really would be much easier for the friend to come here and deal with this themselves otherswise something is likely to get lost in translation.

We still don't know the exact sequence of events. If the friend's employer has given the hirer/lessee details then a NTH should have been issued to the friend who should have then appealed. If that is the case then the employer should be out of the loop and should not be getting final demands.
    Since the latter has occurred, something must have gone wrong, but we are in the dark because we don't have all the information.
    This is nothing to do with being brutal. If you want help we need to know the details. You or tyour friend have the information, not us.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Many/most of your questions are answered in the newbies thread at the top of the index page, if you have not already done so, please read it.  Also , the answers to general questions about contract law can easily be found by using a search engine.  It is wise, when dealing with private parking issues to fully acquaint yourself with the rules of the game which you have joined.  

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully, when life gets back to normal, it will become impossible for those scammers who are left to continue their vile trade, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback