New Post Advanced Search

Penpals

1 reply 46 views
thriftycookthriftycook Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi all

A few years ago I was a penpal to people in our armed forces and I’d love to do it again.

does anyone know how to go about this? Be it websites or addresses. I’ve tried sites like forcespenpals but due to the current climate I honestly can’t even afford £5 per month to speak to people! Plus I would prefer a good old fashioned letter instead of online. 

Tia

Replies

• Alias_OmegaAlias_Omega Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya,

Oh, i dunno anymore. "Forces Pen Pals" sounds to me like a scam website. I remember along time ago, you could write into the "RAF News" Newspaper for that type of thing, but these days everything has gone electronic.

Even the places that you would expect to write to someone, its gone to electronic means. An example of this would be the "Bluey"; a letter than can be written and sent to Operations for free, it now typed and printed out in the theatre of operations for people to read.

If you do find your answer, please return and let us know. Your answer may help someone else in the future.

Rgds,

AO