Is there a better time to offer a full and final?

Options
Hello, I was wondering what peoples thoughts and or experiences are about offering a full and final to debt recovery agencies.
From experience in working in a target sales industry, i wondered if say mid to end month might be better if they need to hit target. Not sure how it actually works...thoughts welcome.
Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Choco22 said:
    Hello, I was wondering what peoples thoughts and or experiences are about offering a full and final to debt recovery agencies.
    From experience in working in a target sales industry, i wondered if say mid to end month might be better if they need to hit target. Not sure how it actually works...thoughts welcome.
    Thanks.
    You do not hold any cards in this situation, it is not a negotiation. They can and will enforce the debt, your only way out is to go bankrupt, threatening like that in a negotiation is like holding a gun to your own head. Pay what you owe.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Choco22 said:
    I am assuming that you have accounts that you would like to settle.

How old are the accounts (when were they opened)?
    What types of account are they?  (Loan, credit card etc)

If the accounts are old, then you should submit a CCA request for each eligible account before you offer any payment.  If you send off your CCA request, then it may turn out that your creditors are unable to provide with a legible 'true copy' of your agreements. 
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • D3xt3r5L4b
    D3xt3r5L4b Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My post was removed so I’ll re-word it in such a way to appease everyone;

Is there any particular reason why you cannot pay the full amount owed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback