New Post Advanced Search

Carpal tunnel

3 replies 114 views
chriz1chriz1 Forumite
313 posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
Was doing out my bathroom 3 weeks ago just a bit plumbing and next morning woke up to my thumb index and middle finger totally numb, after that my arm started getting some serious shooting pains, rested for a week still no change doc gave injection near carpal tunnel. Saying this is what it is,

Its helped the pain stop but my fingers are still numb.

But I've also noticed my tricep has next to zero strength I go to gym regular when I'm fit and well so I'm not sure if this is related to tricep maybe ?
Has anyone with carpal tunnel experienced this ?
I'm starting to this I've been misdiagnosed and the injury is further up my arm?

Replies

• suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have neck issues which cause me the same symptoms down one arm. Might be worth seeking out some physio
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    suki1964 said:
    I have neck issues which cause me the same symptoms down one arm.
    Ditto 
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    MFW #4 :) OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33
    2020 YTD £837.07 Jan £69.76, Feb £67.31, Mar £700.00
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • CompetsophCompetsoph Forumite
    166 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    @chriz1this is not carpal tunnel. I’m an MSK senior physio and you need a referral to see a physiotherapist. These symptoms are likely coming from your neck caused by the sudden change in activity. Good luck getting in touch with a physio in your area. Hope things settle down!