Forum Home» Credit Cards

Tesco Credit Card Section 75 Claim

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Tesco Credit Card Section 75 Claim

7 replies 184 views
MaheedzonfyreMaheedzonfyre Forumite
4 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
I have booked a trip to Amsterdam for a concert in July. The concert has been postponed but the flights and hotel are still operating (with quarantine restrictions in place). As the flights and hotel were booked for the purpose of the concert can i make a claim from the credit card using section 75?. I don't expect I'll be able to self isolate for 2 weeks on my return due to work commitments. Also the period for transferring the hotel and flights (non transferrable) ends on 30th June. Any help is much appreciated

Replies

• moleratmolerat Forumite
    22.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flights and hotel are still available for you to use.  The reason for you wanting to take the flight and stay in the hotel are irrelevant, the two parties are still willing to provide the service as contracted.  What has your travel insurer said about the situation ?
  • jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    27.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who are you flying with? Just because they SAY that the flight will still operate there is no guarantee that it will - the best case scenario for you is that it will be cancelled - then you get a refund, or a free change of date or a credit note.
    Don't know if you booked a package or separate flights and hotel - if separate then if the hotel won't refund you then your only option would be a travel insurance claim.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you can't use S75.
    If hotel & flights are avaiable.
  • Life__Goes__OnLife__Goes__On Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Might be worth a read, and claim for consequential loss (the transaction you bought the concert tickets with)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases/

"Last year I purchased concert tickets for myself and a friend. The concert was postponed but while the tickets were still valid, I'd also spent £230 on train tickets and hotel accommodation.

I contacted the rail companies and the hotel to ask for a refund, only to be told they were non-refundable. So I contacted my credit card company quoting the Consumer Credit Act and asked for a refund.

This morning, to my surprise, I received a letter from my credit card company offering me a full refund of £230."

New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• MaheedzonfyreMaheedzonfyre Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks all.
    All booked independent from each other. Called the credit card company and explained the situation. The fact the concert has been cancelled is apparently of no relevance to the hotel and flight. They are both offering their services as its stands. If the flights were cancelled I may have a claim however each flight must have a minimum value of £100 per flight per person to be considered for a claim under section 75. I may then also have a claim for the hotel it would appear.
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that the hotel will be Per Person Per night costing.
  • MEM62MEM62 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all.
    All booked independent from each other. Called the credit card company and explained the situation. The fact the concert has been cancelled is apparently of no relevance to the hotel and flight. They are both offering their services as its stands. If the flights were cancelled I may have a claim however each flight must have a minimum value of £100 per flight per person to be considered for a claim under section 75. I may then also have a claim for the hotel it would appear.
    Have you spoken with your travel insurance company?  What is their take on this?