New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Paying the Balance for Holiday.

1 reply 76 views
BringeBringe Forumite
3 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi All. I paid the deposit for our holiday with TUI with my debit card (I don't have a credit card) the balance is due by 01/07/2020 some £1500. I was wondering if it
might be safer to pay it with PayPal as TUI use PayPal. or would it mess things up in the case of claiming a refund???

Replies

• WestinWestin Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is a TUI package holiday you have financial protection via ATOL so it really makes no difference how you pay your balance.  TUI Airways flight only is however different.

I would have a look for the latest information on the TUI website a week or so before your balance is due as they have up to now been allowing a delay to balance payments on some departure periods. Might be worth checking out to see if this applies to you.