We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Club Lloyd’s Fee Waiver
D3xt3r5L4b
Posts: 1,852 Forumite
It seems Lloyd’s are waiving the £3 per month fee for Club Lloyd’s and Platinum Club Lloyd’s accounts for June, July and August.
It’s not much in the grand scheme of things but it’s better than nothing I suppose...
It’s not much in the grand scheme of things but it’s better than nothing I suppose...
8
Comments
-
How many people do you think are twp enough to pay it.0
-
Club Lloyd's is free anyhoo as long as you flow in £1500 a month2
-
Details in the small print here:Useful to know, as it means won't have to shuffle £1500 into the account for the next 2 months. Fees resume in September, based on payments in August 2020.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.4 -
Can’t believe anyone would pay it in the first place.2
-
Who would be daft enough to pay it anyway?1
-
Normally no one, probably. I expect though there will be people who are normally paid enough to get the account for free, but due to furlough etc their income might have dropped below the required £1500 pay-in and would have otherwise found themselves being charged £3.ZeroSum said:Who would be daft enough to pay it anyway?0 -
There is really no need to get paid £1,500+ to meet the monthly pay-in requirements.nick74 said:Normally no one, probably. I expect though there will be people who are normally paid enough to get the account for free, but due to furlough etc their income might have dropped below the required £1500 pay-in and would have otherwise found themselves being charged £3.1 -
Cancel it then if you don't want to pay it!0
-
I know, but outside of this forum how many people would realise how easy it is to avoid the fee?colsten said:
There is really no need to get paid £1,500+ to meet the monthly pay-in requirements.nick74 said:Normally no one, probably. I expect though there will be people who are normally paid enough to get the account for free, but due to furlough etc their income might have dropped below the required £1500 pay-in and would have otherwise found themselves being charged £3.2 -
Anyone who had read the T&Cs before applying for the account I would have thought.nick74 said:
I know, but outside of this forum how many people would realise how easy it is to avoid the fee?colsten said:
There is really no need to get paid £1,500+ to meet the monthly pay-in requirements.nick74 said:Normally no one, probably. I expect though there will be people who are normally paid enough to get the account for free, but due to furlough etc their income might have dropped below the required £1500 pay-in and would have otherwise found themselves being charged £3.2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
