MoneySaving Newbie
edited 27 May at 2:05PM in Consumer Rights
I am having issues

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn’t sure where to move this post and although it isn’t a consumer issue I thought it might get better responses here. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • 452452 Forumite
    443 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I would suggest the company contact pay someone to remove it and do the decent thing for the customer. Either pay the owner again from your point of view or another company to remove and dispose of the waste. 
  • Aylesbury_DuckAylesbury_Duck Forumite
    7.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree.  Your employer needs to do the right thing by its customer and pay to have the skip removed.  Sort everything else out later. 
  • davidmcndavidmcn Forumite
    18.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soolin said:
    I wasn’t sure where to move this post and although it isn’t a consumer issue I thought it might get better responses here. 
    It probably is a consumer issue from the point of view of the OP's client though.
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The OP says he offered to pay but this was refused
  • 452452 Forumite
    443 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    davidmcn said:
    soolin said:
    It probably is a consumer issue from the point of view of the OP's client though.
    In which case the OP's company need to resolve it. 
  • shaun_from_Africashaun_from_Africa Forumite
    12.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things I have tried - 
    - Explained we will move it and was told we would face fines
    If you have somewhere secure that you could store the skip, I would suggest doing this.
    The only ones who could fine you would be the courts and for this to happen you would have needed to have broken the law or caused some loss to the owners of the skip.
    Provided that it is removed and stored with no damage caused and the owners are informed of its location and told that they can make an arrangement to collect their property then in my legally untrained opinion, I can't se that you will have done anything wrong.
  • edited 22 May at 2:55PM
    hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 May at 2:55PM
    Do you know what the nature of the argument is between them?
  • edited 22 May at 4:31PM
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_headthe_lunatic_is_in_my_head Forumite
    3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 May at 4:31PM
    In the interest of keeping the client happy I'd hire another skip, transfer the waste and have that gone (same day if possible, £20 to the driver to wait if you have enough people to empty the skip sharpish). 

Does the council require skip permits if the skip is on the road? If they do and a skip doesn't have a permit what do they do?

If there is no comeback to you or the client I'd drag it in the road and report it to the council as abandoned, the company that owns the skip has no contract with yourself and they can't fine you. 

The hire company may have comeback but how far are they going to get in small claims after 7 months of refusing to have it collected? 
  • brisbris Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can hire skip lorries buy the day for about £100. Hire one, and dump the skip outside their premises, any fines would need to be court ordered, they wouldn't win in court given the circumstances.