Redundancy & Covid-19

Options
Hi all, 

I recently learnt that my role was to be made redundant and the vacancy was to be filled in Poland. I had a one-week consultation period within which I could consider other internal roles, however these weren't desirable so I left the company on 5th May. To my knowledge, the role in Poland is yet to be filled. 

Given the circumstances, finding another job is already proving to be problematic with most roles being placed on hold. Having not been placed on a furlough, I'm curious about my options (if any) in this situation. 

Any information would be much appreciated. 

David

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,718 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As they have made you redundant, in practice it is hardly likely your previous employer would agree to place you on furlough, it would actually cost them money.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Except for asking to be put on furlough or asking if the job has not been filled in Poland that you would be willing to do it until it was then not a lot you can do. The only thing you can really do is look at one of the benefits calculators to see if anything you are entitled to.   

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure