Gardening Express Problems

Options
I fear I have been swindled by Gardening Express. A month ago I bought online plants which have not been delivered. I randomly get emails from GE saying due to CV19 they are inundated but they continue to take everyone’s money! You cannot phone them, there is no address just Chelmsford. I know it is owned by Chris Bonnet who has another gardening business in Essex. What can I do? Yes, in future I will be smarter where I buy plants from but I want is either the plants or money back. What is my legal position?

Comments

• whizzywoo
    whizzywoo Posts: 702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 19 May 2020 at 9:23AM
    Options
    How did you pay?  Get onto your bank or Ebay or Paypal for a refund.
    Your legal position is covered by the Distance Selling Regulations
    https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses
    "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  :) 
  • RobofKent
    Options
    Placed an order with Gardening Express in late April via my debit card. Money was taken the day after. Apart from a 'we haven't forgotten you' email from them a week later, I've heard nothing. It's now been 4 weeks. Tried to contact them today - no phone number and their online chat facility has been withdrawn. The only way to get in touch is to raise a 'ticket' on their website. I've done that but have no faith that anything will transpire. Following the advice about Distance Selling Regulations I've been in touch with my bank and have raised a dispute with them. So I await developments....................
  • TheShedking
    Options
    Got my order today and it is £35 going on compost heap.  Never 40 years in gardening have I ever had such rubbish sent from an online plant supplier.  After reading the trustpilot reviews I am not holding my breath for a reply to my email.  Martin and crew you must be able to contact them as I got these plants as one of your blagged deals
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback