Forum Home» Credit Cards

S75 faulty product within 6 months which was returned but has been lost/missing.

New Post Advanced Search

S75 faulty product within 6 months which was returned but has been lost/missing.

edited 18 May at 10:46PM in Credit Cards
5 replies 91 views
12341234 Forumite
96 posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper
edited 18 May at 10:46PM in Credit Cards
I purchased an air conditioner which developed a fault within 6 months and was returned where the company said they would replace it.
It has been three months since it was collected and each time i contact them, they say they will follow up with the courier as they cannot see it being returned and call me back which they fail to do so. The tracking i have shows it's been delivered back to them however the RMA shows it's been closed.

Can i claim under Section 75 of my credit card? (Payment was made direct and not via third-party e.g Paypal.)

Replies

• Life__Goes__OnLife__Goes__On Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes,  return of fault goods, under 6 months you are entitled a refund.
    Chargeback might be quicker
    http://www.theukcardsassociation.org.uk/individual/chargeback-for-credit-and-debit-card-purchases.asp
    "if goods or services turned out to be faulty, counterfeit or defective (you will need to return the goods in order to get a refund in this case)"
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• 12341234 Forumite
    96 posts
    Am i entitled to a chargeback as T&C of retailer is at least to attempt fix or repair once before they refund? anyhow way over 120 days.
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    3K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a rule for "Faulty chargeback" it has to be faulty when received. NOT a fault that developed later.

Ring your card provider and see which route they feel is best. 
  • Life__Goes__OnLife__Goes__On Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    1234 said:
    Am i entitled to a chargeback as T&C of retailer is at least to attempt fix or repair once before they refund? anyhow way over 120 days.
    They would have to do  it is a reasonable amount of time,  no one would class 3 months as reasonable
    What date did you first report the problem to the retailer?
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• 12341234 Forumite
    96 posts
    It was faulty in month 4. Credit card are no help, apparently it takes 14 days for them to send out claim form, i've chased them up today and they have no records of the form being sent out so they need to log it as a new claim therefore a further 14 days.