We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Default on credit score advice
Medstars92
Posts: 2
Newbie
Looking for advice.
My credit score is currently 357
I am looking to buy a house.
I have a default on my credit report as I missed payments on a credit card whilst living over seas for two years.
If I save and pay the outstanding debt off of £3k will I still be in the same position as if I get help to clear the debt?
I beleive the default stays on my credit report for 6 years.
My credit score is currently 357
I am looking to buy a house.
I have a default on my credit report as I missed payments on a credit card whilst living over seas for two years.
If I save and pay the outstanding debt off of £3k will I still be in the same position as if I get help to clear the debt?
I beleive the default stays on my credit report for 6 years.
0
Comments
-
Settling the debt looks better than not.
Don't worry about any change to your credit score as a result of paying it off.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards