PensionBee - opinions?

Options
What do people think of PensionBee?
Their fees look very reasonable and the website is very nice to use.
For someone wanting an uncomplicated investment with only a few different portfolios to choose from.
Thoughts?

Comments

• Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Charges are fairly reasonable but looks like they have very limited options in terms of available plans
  • Yellow_mango
    Yellow_mango Posts: 450 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The fees were significantly higher than those for my current company pension plan. 
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The fees were significantly higher than those for my current company pension plan. 
    what are they?
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,388 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    carpy said:
    what are they?
    Some workplace pensions , especially if the company is large , have heavily discounted fees and some very low cost funds.
    I am holding a multi asset fund with one for a total cost of 0.26% . However this would be the lowest I have and not typical . Something like 0.35% to 0.7% would be typical for a workplace pension invested in the default fund. In this case Pension Bee looks competitive for a retail/individual pension, especially if you have over £100K in it .As long as the funds perform as expected of course. 
  • carpy
    Options
    carpy said:
    what are they?
    Some workplace pensions , especially if the company is large , have heavily discounted fees and some very low cost funds.
    I am holding a multi asset fund with one for a total cost of 0.26% . However this would be the lowest I have and not typical . Something like 0.35% to 0.7% would be typical for a workplace pension invested in the default fund. In this case Pension Bee looks competitive for a retail/individual pension, especially if you have over £100K in it .As long as the funds perform as expected of course. 
    yes, i have an ex company one that is 0.39% but also a further 2 ex company ones that are looking expensive at 1.15% and 0.97%
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,388 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    yes, i have an ex company one that is 0.39% but also a further 2 ex company ones that are looking expensive at 1.15% and 0.97%

Are you sure they are not expensive , just because the funds they are in are expensive? Maybe a switch to cheaper funds would help?

Also there is an option to consolidate into one of the x employer pensions rather than opening a new one .

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    higher cost does not necessarily mean you should change.
    You can get cheap retail pensions in the 0.3x% range now but it doesn't make them better than something cost say 0.9%.    However, if the investment costing 0.9% is only using underlying passive funds then 0.9% is expensive.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Yellow_mango
    Yellow_mango Posts: 450 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2020 at 3:35PM
    Options
    carpy said:
    what are they?
    My company pension has a discounted rate of 0.177%. It would be crazy for me to go elsewhere. 

That’s for a (range of) standard tracker funds. Which I’m happy with at the moment. 
  • carpy
    Options
    carpy said:
    what are they?
    My company pension has a discounted rate of 0.177%. It would be crazy for me to go elsewhere. 

That’s for a (range of) standard tracker funds. Which I’m happy with at the moment. 
    Wow that is low!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure