Trailfinders Honeymoon Wishlist - Covid cancellation and no refund

Options

Last year, my wife and I set up a Honeymoon Wishlist with Trailfinders whereby our Wedding guests could contribute towards our honeymoon.  We were due to travel mid-June but this is now cancelled.  Whilst Trailfinders are in the process of refunding our costs, the majority was funded by the Wishlist, which Trailfinders are refusing to refund (to us or those who contributed) on the basis of 'money laundering legalities'.  They have instead offered a 'gift card with no expiry date' (this is of no use to us, especially in the current and foreseeable climate, and is of questionable value should the company cease trading).  

Our booking terms and conditions do not cover this ('refunds will be processed via the original method of payment'), and Trailfinders are refusing to disclose their process/procedure that states they are not permitted to refund Wishlist contributions.

Our credit card company are of the opinion that Trailfinders have fulfilled their contractual obligations by booking a holiday.

Our insurance company will consider the case but the offer of a gift card will undoubtedly muddy the waters.

I have contacted the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group for advice, as recommended after speaking with Citizens Advice.  

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.  This feels very much like Trailfinders are hiding behind a technicality to boost their cash flow.

Comments

• MattB90
    Options
    Hi, 
    We are currently in the same situation.
    Planned trip November, we won't know if we can fly until October yet they want full payment in September.

Have you managed to get any further advice on this or how has it worked out with the gift service and refunds?

Thanks 
    Matthew
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,710 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I doubt you will get an answer as the originator does not appear to have visited the forum since he made the post
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback