Whats is happening to AVRO Energy?

i have called several times over the last few days and whether you are a new or existing customer, the phone line just plays continous music.  It is as if they have turned the phones off.
i am trying to leave them but they blocked the move. i have tried emailing and phoning but i do not get a response.

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 May 2020 at 4:50PM
    Perhaps they have a problem on their phone lines. Try again tommorrow. I wouldnt expect a fast email response at the moment . Which numbers are you calling them on.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    JAWol said:
    i have called several times over the last few days and whether you are a new or existing customer, the phone line just plays continous music.  It is as if they have turned the phones off.
    i am trying to leave them but they blocked the move. i have tried emailing and phoning but i do not get a response.
    I'm not surprised their phone lines are busy, but they're responding to email.

I had an incorrect statement for April. I emailed them on 7th May & got a response on 11th, with apology & statement had been corrected. I thought that was excellent, given 8th was Bank Holiday & 10th & 11th was weekend! MInd you, I'm not trying to leave them.

There's a dedicated thread on Avro here  
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5367862/avro-energy-reviews-give-your-feedback#latest
  • notional
    notional Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Avro energy was supposedly started by a lawyer.  On their About Us page, they quote him using the word 'simplistic' as if it means simple.  A lawyer who doesn't understand the meaning of common English words.  That tells you everything you need to know.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've changed to Avro Energy as my fixed price deal with a previous supplier ended.  For the first time (maybe I'm lucky), I've had a few slight problems following a change over. 

I used MSE Cheap Energy Club to find a good new fixed price deal.  I only used the MSE cheap energy club site and then went directly to Avro's website but then started getting plagued by phone calls from Money Expert (who said I'd used their site to swap suppliers which i definitely hadn't).  So I had to tell them that they were cold calling me and to take my number off their list. 

Then the swap day happened, no email asking for meter readings.  Emailed Avro, they told me to put the readings on their site. (no explanation for the missing email)., tried, nothing for my gas, only electric showing.  Another email exchange and they said give the meter readings directly via email and they'd make sure both gas and electric would show up next time.

So not overly impressed by Avro's way of dealing with new customers - must be things not happening automatically but at least they are responding to emails.  I do wonder if the cold calls happened because of some kind of tracker on Avro's site (yes I have swept my pc for adware/trackers/cookies).Now I'm just hoping the bills will actually save me £300 a year, time will tell.  But I won't be too suprised if something goes wrong there too.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    <then started getting plagued by phone calls from Money Expert>
    Not MSE  CEC then
  • They're absolutely hopeless. I've been trying to contact them now for 5-6 weeks via email as they have abandoned all telephone calls apart from emergencies. No replies, no acknowledgements but just a deafening silence and I am at my wits' end. Can somebody please tell me how I get these incompetent idiots to reply.
  • oldagetraveller1
    oldagetraveller1 Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 May 2021 at 3:38PM
    complaints@avroenergy.co.uk
    Might kick them into action?
    It took 2 weeks for a reply to a question I sent re my Direct Debit.
    It took a few hours when I asked how to submit a complaint!

• Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've changed to Avro Energy as my fixed price deal with a previous supplier ended.  For the first time . . . .

Then the swap day happened, no email asking for meter readings.  Emailed Avro, they told me to put the readings on their site. (no explanation for the missing email)., tried, nothing for my gas, only electric showing.  Another email exchange and they said give the meter readings directly via email and they'd make sure both gas and electric would show up next time.

A similar situation occurred when I tried to answer Avro's request for my first readings.  Submitting my electricity reading posed no problem, but it was impossible to give my gas reading.

I sent Avro an email informing them of the situation, giving them the reading and asking them to use my reading.  They must be familar with this problem as I quickly got a reply acknowledging my requst.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback