We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Refund - JD Sports
AnxiousTheElephant
Posts: 94 Forumite
I have been trying to get a refund for goods I didn't receive since January!! My item showed it was in transit to a store (and still does) but when I spoke to customer service they said the store have it. Go to the store they say they haven't got it and contact customer service. Round and round I go. Latest I've been told is this won't be able to be resolved until stores reopen. Sick of waiting and I just want a refund. What can I do? Can I escalate this?
0
Comments
-
Try a chargeback using the Distance Selling Regulations - assuming this was not a custom order.
Details here
https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses
Note the comment "You must tell the customer they can cancel their order up to 14 days after their order is delivered. They don’t need to give a reason for cancelling."
The order hasn't been delivered to you yet, so you can cancel. You can get a refund via the card or your account.- All land is owned. If you are not on yours, you are on someone else's
- When on someone else's be it a road, a pavement, a right of way or a property there are rules. Don't assume there are none.
- "Free parking" doesn't mean free of rules. Check the rules and if you don't like them, go elsewhere
- All land is owned. If you are not on yours, you are on someone else's and their rules apply.
0 -
Alternatively use the resolver site recommended here. I had a similar issue with House of Fraser with multiple emails. Went through resolver on the Friday and had resolution the following mondayJune 2026, Mortgage free, Emergency fund fully funded & £200/200 cash maximum pb holding .:jWeight 12st challenge 11st 2lb
Gift to children challenge £40k in 2 years. Short term gift challenge 7 presents and $1300 can by September.
Determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection. I’m not perfect but I’m good enough.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6673398/hopefully-cruising-with-focus-towards-retirement#latest0 -
I've asked for the order to be cancelled as it has gone on for way to long but got the usual "we need to wait untill stores are open."0
-
Write them a strongly worded and robust email/letter asking for a refund quoting their Terms and Conditions and consumer rights laws and they may reconsider.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
