Forum Home » Consumer Rights

Problems with The Range

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Problems with The Range

1 reply 92 views
jenny.ward7322jenny.ward7322 Forumite
3 posts
Second Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
I ordered a wardrobe from The Range website as we went into lockdown and it was delivered at the beginning of April. After spending a very frustrating afternoon trying to assemble it, I contacted their customer services on 7th April and they agreed to organise a collection and refund as it wasn't fit for purpose. I was told the courier XPD would contact me directly to organise collection and once it was returned, I would receive a refund. The wardrobe cost £175 plus the delivery charge of £30. I have not heard anything from XPD and have been phoning The Range customer service department every week to try and sort this out. Phone calls have so far cost me £20. Last week I managed to get the advisor to email me and so I now have 3 emails from her saying 'I'll chase this up'. The staff at The Range have told me XPD aren't even answering their phones and that they will escalate my case to a manager. I don't know what to do next. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions please?

Replies

• blond_durhamblond_durham Forumite
    6 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I am having the same problem with the Range but I haven’t even received my item, 6 weeks now.No way of contacting them apart from phone which they cut off after 10 minute wait, XDP ignore all emails. So frustrating I appreciate it is a difficult time but if they are unable to manage orders they should not take customers money