We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Missold mortgage

Options
Ive been called by a company called ‘trusted mortgage claims’ who will work on my behalf [for a fee of course] to claim the 100% mortgage I got from northern rock/NRAM back in 2007. I believe I was midsold,  it I want to know if anyone has had problem doing this? Or with this company? Were you successful in a claim?

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 May 2020 at 10:13PM
    Options
    Do you believe that your mortgage was missold to you? If so, on what grounds. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just send your mis selling complaint directly to the lender.

Job done and no fees to pay.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,888 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I want to know if anyone has had problem doing this? 

Yes, most people who put in these try-it-on complaints fail.   

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What did you terms and conditions did you sign when you took out the mortgage that have since proven to be untrue? What makes you think it was mis-sold rather than mis-bought?
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • The_squirrell
    The_squirrell Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did they tell you that you were owed at least £15,000 without even seeing a copy of your mortgage file? They are very clever like that. Of course what they didn't mention would be the large loan you would have to take out with them, the zero chance of you seeing any of the money they promise you and that all your personal information will be spread around Manchester. If you feel this is all worthwhile however, then go for it!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did they tell you that you were owed at least £15,000 without even seeing a copy of your mortgage file? They are very clever like that. Of course what they didn't mention would be the large loan you would have to take out with them, the zero chance of you seeing any of the money they promise you and that all your personal information will be spread around Manchester. If you feel this is all worthwhile however, then go for it!
    In Manchester, first we get the data, then we abuse the data, then we make the money.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,888 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Manchester is the new Swansea.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback