Fast track

I have recently been contacted by a company called Fast track saying they found me a PPI payment and now want their commission (+£2000) 
I dont even remember signing  up to anything with them, do I have to pay it? 

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ask them for a copy of your contract as you don't believe you employed them.  
    If they supply a contract that you do not recognise as being yours then you make a complaint saying that.    CMCs are now regulated by the FCA and you have the right to use the FOS if necessary.  If they supply a contract with your signature on it then you did employ them and should pay up.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ETiddler
    ETiddler Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
     :) thank u dunstonh 
  • Rockstar1972
    Rockstar1972 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    ETiddler said:
    I have recently been contacted by a company called Fast track saying they found me a PPI payment and now want their commission (+£2000) 
    I am going through the same thing. They say I signed an LOA (letter of authority) last summer and have a form with my electronic signature on it. You maybe signed once for a FREE PPI check (this sig only says you want a FREE PPI check btw)? Then they pull it automatically onto the bottom of the full LOA forms without you knowing (unless you scroll right to the very bottom of their very very very very long Ts and Cs). In my case, they pulled my electronic sig onto a paper form and made it into a PDF to send (or not send, I'm waiting for bank to confirm)... I am fighting them. I didn't know they had used my signature on a Letter of Authority and I didn't respond to any of their follow-up letters, questionnaires, emails etc etc (these were all saying I had to act now and contact them to make a claim as PPI had been found... as I didn't know I had (even inadvertently) formed a relationship with them I simply ignored it all and thought it was spam/junk mail). I don't even think I completed and submitted their FREE PPI Check webpage as I decided they looked a bit dodgy! But still they have a signature and are hounding me for a cut of what I received. I am expecting legal proceedings to start very soon.
    What the advertising should say in very big letters is "WE"LL DO YOU A PPI CHECK. IT'S FREE IF THERE ISN"T ANY PPI ON ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS. IT'S NOT FREE IF PPI IS FOUND AND YOU HAVE MISTAKENLY (OR WE HAVE SNEAKILY OBTAINED) GIVEN US YOUR SIGNATURE. AND WE WILL USE YOUR ONE-OFF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE WHERE THE HELL WE LIKE WITHOUT YOU KNOWING YOU HAVE SIGNED UP TO PAY US FEES AND HARASS YOU LIKE BILLY-O FOREVER MORE. AND EVEN IF YOU IGNORE ANYTHING WE SEND YOU TO SIGN AND DATE WE WILL STILL DEMAND FEES FOR WHICH YOU HAD NO CLUE YOU HAD AGREED (OR NOT) TO.

Oooh, I feel better for that!
  • ETiddler said:
    I am going through the same thing. They say I signed an LOA (letter of authority) last summer and have a form with my electronic signature on it. You maybe signed once for a FREE PPI check (this sig only says you want a FREE PPI check btw)? Then they pull it automatically onto the bottom of the full LOA forms without you knowing (unless you scroll right to the very bottom of their very very very very long Ts and Cs). In my case, they pulled my electronic sig onto a paper form and made it into a PDF to send (or not send, I'm waiting for bank to confirm)... I am fighting them. I didn't know they had used my signature on a Letter of Authority and I didn't respond to any of their follow-up letters, questionnaires, emails etc etc (these were all saying I had to act now and contact them to make a claim as PPI had been found... as I didn't know I had (even inadvertently) formed a relationship with them I simply ignored it all and thought it was spam/junk mail). I don't even think I completed and submitted their FREE PPI Check webpage as I decided they looked a bit dodgy! But still they have a signature and are hounding me for a cut of what I received. I am expecting legal proceedings to start very soon.
    What the advertising should say in very big letters is "WE"LL DO YOU A PPI CHECK. IT'S FREE IF THERE ISN"T ANY PPI ON ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS. IT'S NOT FREE IF PPI IS FOUND AND YOU HAVE MISTAKENLY (OR WE HAVE SNEAKILY OBTAINED) GIVEN US YOUR SIGNATURE. AND WE WILL USE YOUR ONE-OFF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE WHERE THE HELL WE LIKE WITHOUT YOU KNOWING YOU HAVE SIGNED UP TO PAY US FEES AND HARASS YOU LIKE BILLY-O FOREVER MORE. AND EVEN IF YOU IGNORE ANYTHING WE SEND YOU TO SIGN AND DATE WE WILL STILL DEMAND FEES FOR WHICH YOU HAD NO CLUE YOU HAD AGREED (OR NOT) TO.

Oooh, I feel better for that!
    I appreciate this was a long time ago but wondered what the outcome was for you as we have been hit by the very same thing today!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback