Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Lidl Weekend offers for Friday 15 May

New Post Advanced Search

Lidl Weekend offers for Friday 15 May

15 replies 861 views
duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
3.6K posts
1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
For Scotland

Replies

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the lighter cheese any good?
    Might get that for a change
  • calleywcalleyw Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the lighter cheese any good?
    Might get that for a change
    My partner likes the Aldi lighter one but I went to Lidl to do some shopping and bought there lighter one and he did not like it.  Not sure if it was taste or texture he did not like.  But got a friend who due to sinus issues can taste very little and they ate it fine :D

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • edited 7 May at 10:53PM
    Rosa_DamascenaRosa_Damascena Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 7 May at 10:53PM
    I didn't think I would like the reduced fat cheese, but it's fine for everyday use. Just a bit on the dry side.

Eta: I didn't realise there were 2 versions - would stick to the 30% less fat as I think the 50% is likely to taste noticeably different.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are used to extra mature but wondered if it was worth trying the reduced fat at the lower price.
  • edited 8 May at 9:19AM
    General_GrantGeneral_Grant Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 May at 9:19AM
    We are used to extra mature but wondered if it was worth trying the reduced fat at the lower price.

For £1.09 definitely worth an experimental purchase.  Try in a cheese sauce made with whole milk if you really don't like it otherwise.
    I won't be anywhere near having used up my current supply of cheese by next weekend and also have a goodly supply of pecan nuts but will take the opportunity to top up my chocolate stock.
  • cognoscenticognoscenti Forumite
    596 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Something to watch out for with the "lighter" cheese is that it really doesn't grill well IMHO, so if you like Welsh Rarebit or plain ol' cheese on toast don't bother.
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    15.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just noticed they also have 500g packs of Seriously Strong at £2.79, which seems a good price.

Might go nicely with that £2.99 red wine.
  • andygbandygb Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to watch out for with the "lighter" cheese is that it really doesn't grill well IMHO, so if you like Welsh Rarebit or plain ol' cheese on toast don't bother.

Exactly my experience with it. I find the standard Lidl medium cheddar to be really good for cheese on toast/pizza/shepherd's pie topping. It is a nice flavour and goes stretchy.
  • andygbandygb Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fatbelly said:
    Im just noticed they also have 500g packs of Seriously Strong at £2.79, which seems a good price.

Might go nicely with that £2.99 red wine.

Sounds good to me, that Italian red is a real bargain. HM crusty bread, real butter, grated seriously strong with finely sliced red onion, washed down with a slurp of red - Mmmmm!