PPI tax reclaim when self-employed, and using only self-assessment

Regarding PPI and reclaiming tax back, how do you go about doing this using HMRC’s online self-assessment? There doesn’t appear to be anywhere to claim back overpaid tax outside of PAYE.


Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 340.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.6K Life & Family
  • 245.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards