RBS ppi claim

My OH put in a PPI claim with RBS (before the cut-off last year) which included 3 separate cards with them, including RBS Advanta.  He sent in all the evidence.  It took them over 6 months and they only mentioned the most recent card in their offer.  It's like they've completely ignored the other 2.  He called them and they said that was the only one in front of them.  His claim form clearly stated all 3 cards and the corresponding evidence.  My question is do we accept the measles offer they sent and forget the other cards, accept and contest straight to the FOS, or reject and go to the FOS?  They didnt even mention the other cards in their offer letter....its like they are purposely ignoring them.  Advice and opinions for anyone dealing with this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Get back in touch (in writing) repeating your complaint and explaining that it has, in your opinion, only been partly investigated. If they fail to respond or do not respond satisfactorily, refer the complaint to the Ombudsman.. 
  • frugalpam
    frugalpam Posts: 2,514 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I put in PPI claims for 2 loan accounts, and they replied saying PPI did not apply to my overdraft account - which I have never mentioned in my claim. I wrote back to them via Resolver pointing out their errors. They did reply quite quickly and very apologetically, and then investigated the two loan accounts which were the subject of my PPI claim. Just had a very good settlement from them. Definitely don’t give up, write to them and tell them they missed dealing fully with your complaint.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My question is do we accept the measles offer they sent 

It depends on what other contagious diseases are on offer.

It could be worse.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure