NORTHERN ROCK - NRAM

03Barbara03Barbara Forumite
2 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Can anyone advise please?   PPI claim rejected by NRAM who took over Northern Rock. I had a personal unsecured loan with Northern Rock in or about 2003,  but i was told that my account at that time, doesn't  fall into the category for reclaiming PPI. They did acknowledge my claim, asked for ID etc, but then refused as stated.  Is there anything I can do here?  Many thanks. 

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    but i was told that my account at that time, doesn't  fall into the category for reclaiming PPI.

Is this a personal loan or a mortgage?

It doesn't fall within the years applicable for a Plevin refund for a mortgage (secured loan).  It does for a personal loan.

Can you clarify what the actual rejection says.?

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • 03Barbara03Barbara Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Many thanks for replying.  It was definitely an unsecured personal loan.  As newly divorced, my daughter had started University and I needed some extra financial help.  I have been in private rented accommodation for 22 years.  This is the  Claim ID No. 17896973 - this is the number issued to me by Allay Claims who secured PPI refunds for me.  However, they were unable to secure any refund with NRAM who took over Northern Rock.  I have asked Allay Claims today for a copy of the letter that was sent to me from NRAM, who having acknowledge my claim, accepted my confirmation ID, I was told at the time, that my account did not fall within the  period of time to make a PPI refund claim.  Best - Helena.  
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I advise you to remove personal details from your post. 

Since the claim company stand to take 25% of everything you are awarded, it's surely in their own best interests  to ensure that complaints are successful?
     So if the complaint has failed and the claim company have accepted the decision, then it looks likely there is nowhere to go with this.  
    However, do the claim company not suggest you now refer to the Ombudsman?  
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told at the time, that my account did not fall within the  period of time to make a PPI refund claim.  

PI wonder if the complaint was not put in before the PPI complaint deadline?    otherwise there is no reason why a personal loan with NR would be exempt

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.