Need some advice about being discharge from bankruptcy.
discharged from bankruptcy on 04 July 2019, I have some questions that I would like clarified
as I don’t want to break any sort of restrictions if any still apply. Please
see the following:
· What does being discharged mean for me and do the same restrictions apply that were in place for the bankruptcy period? If not, what restrictions do I need to adhere to?
· If I get a second or multiple jobs now after being discharged, will I have to give up the surplus income?
· Am I allowed to get a mortgage now? If so, what types of mortgages could I be eligible for and does this include a joint mortgage with someone that isn’t bankrupt?
· Can I now travel abroad without notifying yourself or the Official Receiver first?
· Can I do investments in shares and stocks worldwide and keep the dividend income if any?
· Can I monetize websites to earn an income?
Did you know there's an MSE app?
It's free & available on iOS & AndroidMSE App
Regifting: good idea or not?
Add your two cents to the discussionMSE Forum
Energy Price Guarantee calculator
How much you'll likely pay from AprilMSE Tools
Income doesn't need to be declared unless you were asked to pay into an IPA for three years.
While you aren't legally restricted from obtaining a mortgage, most lenders won't touch you until you've been discharged from your bankruptcy for three years and have a large deposit (15%+)
So now is the time to start to save a chunky deposit!
Nope i'm not paying I.P.A. When I went bankruptcy I filled in the form and I didn't have enough surplus.
To my knowledge I have not received any restriction or any court order against me from the Official receiver in the first 12 months of me being bankruptcy. Then 4 July 2019 I was discharge from bankruptcy which I've recently received via email from the Insovley team.
I'm just waiting to hear back from the appointed trustee.
With the mortgage issue i'm willing get mulitple jobs so I can save for the depostie which is needed.
Thank you very much