New Post Advanced Search

Mountain Bike Insurance

6 replies 91 views
tazwhoevertazwhoever Forumite
1.3K posts
Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
✭✭✭
Bought a mountain bike and now looking for an insurance. Where can I find insurance companies and what are likely costs per year?
Bike is worth £325.
Thanks

Replies

• albacookiealbacookie Forumite
    273 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Lots of cyclists use Pedal cover - no idea about costs though. Mine is covered on home insurance so worth asking if you can add to yours?
  • Nebulous2Nebulous2 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never bothered, due to the cost and I’ve been lucky so far. I regard public liability as important however. British Cycling do both. They give you third party cover as standard with their memberships and you can add on cycle insurance. 
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add it to your home insurance?   I think it cost about £9 last time I insured bikes but that was a while ago.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• tazwhoevertazwhoever Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Add it to your home insurance?   I think it cost about £9 last time I insured bikes but that was a while ago.

From my home insurance, they will include it if the bike is at home only. 

So which companies do it if the bike is sloten from outside? 

Thanks

• AretnapAretnap Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    tazwhoever said:From my home insurance, they will include it if the bike is at home only. 
    If you are correct this is unusual; every home insurance policy I've ever had has covered bikes away from home (with a caveat to say that they have to be locked while unattended), either as standard or as an optional extra. Who is your home insurer? 
  • Lover_of_LycraLover_of_Lycra Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    My home insurance with Aviva covers my bikes away from home too and they're even covered for accidental damage.  Handy for when someone forgets there is a bike on the roof and then drives to drive under a lowish ceiling.