Not received notice to submit tax return

Hi. 
I registered and submitted a tax return for my new business last year 2018/19. It shows in my online business account. It is now May and there is no sign of a tax return or any notices in my messages. I called HMRC first thing in the morning and the lady asked for my UTR etc and could see I hadn’t been sent one. She took a few details and told me it was being sent. That was on Friday early morning. It is now Monday late evening and still no sign. Is it possible that they will send it late? Or should I call back yet again. I’m new to self assessment so just concerned. 

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Can you log into your on line account and just complete it?  
  • No there is no tax return. It even says there’s are no returns for you to complete’. When u called the lady said she could see if sent one last year and didn’t know why I hadn’t been sent one so she took a few more details and said she’d send one. I even asked if I would find it in my online account now and she said yes. But it’s not there. 
  • sliphi
    sliphi Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 May 2020 at 10:46AM
    Hi. 
    I registered and submitted a tax return for my new business last year 2018/19. It shows in my online business account. It is now May and there is no sign of a tax return or any notices in my messages. I called HMRC first thing in the morning and the lady asked for my UTR etc and could see I hadn’t been sent one. She took a few details and told me it was being sent. That was on Friday early morning. It is now Monday late evening and still no sign. Is it possible that they will send it late? Or should I call back yet again. I’m new to self assessment so just concerned. 

No there is no tax return. It even says there’s are no returns for you to complete’. When u called the lady said she could see if sent one last year and didn’t know why I hadn’t been sent one so she took a few more details and said she’d send one. I even asked if I would find it in my online account now and she said yes. But it’s not there. 
    If you have submitted a tax return last year, you must have been provided with a UTR
    If you have a UTR, you should be able to complete a tax return online.
    I suggest you contact HMRC.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/self-assessment

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback