Iva. And Coronavirus

Options
shopaholic2
shopaholic2 Posts: 637 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Hi all I’m currently paying into an iva and wondered if anyone had been able to take a payment holiday from theirs? Husband is furloughed, son left college and now my daughters home as uni has finished and can’t get work. 4 adults in the house and only 1 income at 80%, plus my benefits. I will approach the iva company and ask but wondered if anyone else had taken a payment break or if it’s even a thing? Thanks 

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes its a thing, its in the terms and conditions of your arrangement, if its a standard IVA, as most are, the IP has discretion to allow payment breaks, and/or payment reductions of up to 15%, without having to refer back to your creditors.

New guidence has been issued to help deal with covid-19 issues, I suggest you contact your IP for help.
    Just be aware that any missed or reduced payments must be made up at the end of your arrangement, so for example, if you take a 3 month payment break, your arrangement will be extended by 3 months to compensate for this
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback