🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NatWest Rewards Debit Card

Options
Do I, or do I not, get 1% back on supermarket spend with my Reward debit card?  The website is not particularly clear of whether I get 1% back with my debit card, or whether I need a credit card.
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The only 1% cashback you get with the debit card is with Caffe Nero, EuropCar, Barrhead Travel, Boux Avenue, P&O Ferries and ATG Tickets.

You need the credit card for supermarket cashback.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 May 2020 at 1:42PM
    Options
    I'd better apply for that, then!  Are they likely to let me have the Reward Credit Card if I've already got the balance transfer one do you know?
    Its weird, as the NatWest eligibilty checker says I'm 95% likely to be accepted, but the RBS one says 'no'.  Even though its a NatWest one I've got, and they're the same bank!
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 May 2020 at 1:49PM
    Options
    I'd better apply for that, then!  Are they likely to let me have the Reward Credit Card if I've already got the balance transfer one do you know?
    Its weird, as the NatWest eligibilty checker says I'm 95% likely to be accepted, but the RBS one says 'no'.  Even though its a NatWest one I've got, and they're the same bank!
    I have 3 NatWest credit cards, a reward card and 2 balance transfer cards. When I got my second BT they rang me to say they only allowed 3 credit cards so I had to close one of my existing cards that I had had for 40 years.

Also if you have a reward current account they will refund the £24 annual fee for the reward credit card.
  • surreysaver
    Options
    RG2015 said:
    I have 3 NatWest credit cards, a reward card and 2 balance transfer cards. When I got my second BT they rang me to say they only allowed 3 credit cards so I had to close one of my existing cards that I had had for 40 years.

Also if you have a reward account they will refund the £24 annual fee for the credit card.
    Cheers.  I've just checked their website, and it actually states you can have more than one, as long as they are of different types.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    RG2015 said:

Also if you have a reward account they will refund the £24 annual fee for the credit card.
    Cheers.  I've just checked their website, and it actually states you can have more than one, as long as they are of different types.
    Interesting. My two BT cards are identical, taken out in June and Sept last year.
  • surreysaver
    edited 1 May 2020 at 2:07PM
    Options
    Well, just been accepted.  With a much higher limit than I was expecting!  Shame RBS said no, I fancied a Scottish one!
    And that'll be another Post Office direct debit I can do away with!
  • colsten
    Options
    I reckon RBS only accept applications from Scottish addresses. 
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Unlikely, they're a UK bank and soon to be rebranded as NatWest. 
    It might indicate a move away from the Scottishness of the bank just in case they do vote for independence at some point in the future.
  • colsten
    Options
    It might indicate a move away from the Scottishness of the bank just in case they do vote for independence at some point in the future.
    it doesn't matter that they are re-branding. It could matter, particularly in an indy-scenario, how they could spilt their customers by geography.

But who knows. Or cares.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 1 May 2020 at 11:41PM
    Options
    The group (RBS > NatWest) is rebranding not the Royal Bank of Scotland itself.
    The RBS brand is pretty tarnished so it's just a re-branding exercise.

The group is already geographically split -  NatWest mostly operates in England/Wales, RBS mostly in Scotland, Ulster bank in NI/ROI and Isle of Man bank in IOM.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure