School expedition

Options
Does anyone who  booked to travel abroad with Outlook Expeditions this year have any advice on claiming refund? 

Comments

• NStJH
    NStJH Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    They have just cancelled my daughter's trip as of 15th May. I feel there is no alternative but to be black and white about expecting them to step up to their legal obligations to refund in full.
  • Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    eangelam said:
    Does anyone who  booked to travel abroad with Outlook Expeditions this year have any advice on claiming refund? 

You need to give more details about the what you want to claim for if you want fuller advice.
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• antopeto
    antopeto Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 16 October 2020 at 11:04AM
    Options
    eangelam said:
    Does anyone who  booked to travel abroad with Outlook Expeditions this year have any advice on claiming refund? Kkk

You need to give more details about the what you want to claim for if you want fuller advice.

{Text removed by Forum Team}
    Thats all
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why should they refund the nonrefundable  deposit because you have changed your mind? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    antopeto said:
    eangelam said:
    Does anyone who  booked to travel abroad with Outlook Expeditions this year have any advice on claiming refund? Kkk

i want to cancel my daughter’s booking to do the 2021 expedition with Outlook Expeditions due to My concerns about Covid as well as finances. I will not be able to afford the amount i pledged and she is finding it very difficult to fundraise during lockdown. When  I asked to cancel I was told that I would not get the £275 deposit as this is non-refundable but i would get the rest back. I queried this and I asked to speak to a manager about this with bo luck I then asked the school to follow up and after weeks of patience Rachael Toorn from Outlook Expeditions wrote me to confirm that I will not be getting the deposit back reminding me of the terms and conditions and that the deposit was in fact non-refundable. 

I would be careful to book anything with this organisation again. 

Thanks
    Ant
    Thats all
    Ant, that would be the same with almost any firm with whom you agree a non refundable deposit?    Harsh lesson but I, for one, will now be booking events/holidays with free cancellation ( in a reasonable time frame).   I will also be scrutinising every minute word of 16 pages of insurance policies!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback