UK Holiday park concerns for mid July

Options
Hi I know it’s a while away but we are having concerns about our summer holiday and would like some advice on what we maybe entitled to do.
We have been given a 5 week extension to our payment date we have only paid a very small amount of deposit which we would be willing to lose.
Our concern is travelling over 300 miles to a UK caravan park for there not to be any on site entertainment or amenities open and also local attractions also closed or very limited this would mean being cooped up in a static caravan with our young children for the week (is this classed as not as advertised as we have paid for entertainment and the use of swimming pool etc) this could be even worse if we don’t get good weather.
So were do we stand they have got clauses in the contract that advise we will have to pay the full amount by then if we cancel but family members I have spoken to by phone have advise to just cancel, but can they still come after me for the balance?

Comments

• Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have they an email address the you could ask the question if it's just the deposit paid will be lost?
    It's impossible to know what you agreed to without more info  (who have you booked with  what are the T&Cs
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think you are entitled to cancel with the loss of whatever the t's and c's dictate at time of booking.   Check your t/s and c's.  If you only lose the deposit at today's date then cancel now.  Don't leave it until you owe 50/75/100 per cent.   They can't come after you for more than you agreed to at the time of booking.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback