Paypal refund

in Credit Cards
10 replies 121 views
annecmpljpannecmpljp Forumite
5 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
 I refunded a buyer through paypal and it was sent via echeque. He has contacted me said he paid by bank card as dosent have paypal account. J gave had cofirmation from paypal that the echeque cleared. How does he accress his refund if he dosent have a paypal accout.

Replies

• jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did he pay originally through Paypal?
  • annecmpljpannecmpljp Forumite
    5 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Yes.  The payment was received through paypal, but he now says he hadnt got a payoal account?

• ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest it's not you problem as the refund was made correctly. 
    Out of curiosity what generated the refund request? 
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
    5 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi, the item was collect in person only  and the buyer didnt realise that he lived 4 hours away until after he paid for the item.  After about a week and a half and trying to arrange a way of collecting it I suggested it would be easier to refund him, to which he was quite happy with.
    5 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I know ive refunded him correctly but out of interest how dose he access the refund if he hasnt got a paypal account?
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, the item was collect in person only  and the buyer didnt realise that he lived 4 hours away until after he paid for the item.  After about a week and a half and trying to arrange a way of collecting it I suggested it would be easier to refund him, to which he was quite happy with.
    That's a convenient excuse. Now not to have a Paypal account. If the echeque has cleared the money has been refunded. 
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • brisbris Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how could he pay by Paypal if he doesn't have an account, doesn't make sense.
  • maxximus75maxximus75 Forumite
    513 Posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I think you would be better discussing this with PayPal customer service. 
    It sounds like he maybe pulling a fast one and wanting a second refund from you?
  • steve808steve808 Forumite
    43 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'd definitely speak to paypal, they deal with things exactly like this a thousand times a day and will be able to answer all your questions.
    5 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I think you would be better discussing this with PayPal customer service. 
    It sounds like he maybe pulling a fast one and wanting a second refund from you?
    My thoughts exactly