Am I allowed to travel?

Options
I have holiday booked for the end of May cruising round the Scottish Isles. It will involve a car trip of approx 500 miles return. The company we are booked with are telling us that currently the holiday can still go ahead. This of course could change next week after the lockdown bulletin. Personally I would still like to go but am I likely to be stopped for travelling this sort of distance or for any other reason? The company have offered to rebook or refund us if we feel there is a health risk. So shouldn’t be a problem in getting our money back. I feel that I don’t want to miss the trip as it is something we are not likely to do again considering our ages ( over 75). Thanks in advance for constructive comments.

Comments

• Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 April 2020 at 2:19PM
    Options
    No you are not allowed to travel to go on holiday in the UK  at the moment
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Things move quite quickly - so what applies today may not apply tomorrow - it may be by the time your holiday comes around restrictions will have been eased - but as of today - that trip would not be permitted, as it's not for essential items, work or nearby exercise. That's not to say it wouldn't be permitted at the end of May. Nobody has a crystal ball just yet - so you might want to plan for the fact it will happen, but to be prepared to reschedule at the last minute if government advice has not changed. 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 April 2020 at 2:24PM
    Options
    All  anyone can do is have a guess it that kind of travel will be allowed in a months time.
    Personally I think it will be 0% of that being allowed.
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• ger1986
    ger1986 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I don't think the islanders will be happy with any visitors at the end of May (even if you are allowed). There have been no deaths on the islands and minimal cases and they want to keep it that way. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback