Etihad flight in July to singapore

Options
Hi. Any advice or opinions please. My daughter and I have flights booked with Etihad on July 7 to Singapore from manchester via Abu Dhabi. I am returning 2 weeks later from Bali. She is returning four weeks later from Bangkok. We booked on the 13 January 2020. We arranged travel insurance on the 27 February. We were leaving booking connecting flights till nearer the time. We have not booked accommodation. Etihad have not cancelled the flight to date. They are offering to rearrange free of charge for flights before 31 July. This was intended to be the holiday of a lifetime for us. A big adventure before she started working in September (she is likely to have employment in another country ). In the circumstances we can’t rearrange 
do we wait until nearer the time to see if Etihad cancel (are they deducting a cancellation charge from any refund?)
given the fco indefinite travel restrictions do we contact our insurers now and make a claim?
Any views/opinions on whether travel will be allowed to Singapore/Bali in July?
I really don’t want the trip to go ahead. I’m concerned that if the flights aren’t cancelled there will be so many restrictions and nothing will be open. We may not be able to book connecting flights

please no negative comments about booking it in the first place. It’s done now

thank you 

Comments

• Life__Goes__On
    Options
    I would contact the insurance and ask if your coverage covers COVID-19
    As you bought it before it was classed as a pandemic and any FCO advice, I believe they can't exclude it if the policy covers it.

New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure