Airtransat

Options
Hi guys, just joined and was wondering if anyone had any information regarding Airtransat? Their website states they will NOT give a refund, I'm due to fly to Canada in July and might still be able to go but if it is canceled would I be able to get a refund or do I have to accept a voucher instead? Any help would be appreciated. David. 

Comments

• Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What  they are doing and what they should be doing are very different at the moment
    If cancelled you should get a cash refund,  but the Canadian Government have different idea, and could take years to sort out.
    You will have other options if you paid by card,  but only if it is cancelled
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I’m in exactly the same position as you and due to fly with Air Transat in July. My son and his family are going the end of June so we’re all waiting to see if our flights are cancelled. As you say they are offering a credit for 2 years which I would use as I normally go out there every year. However not too happy with a credit that then leaves me uncovered should the airline go under between now and July 2021. 

I also checked prices a few days ago for the same time period in 2021 and prices were much the same. Checked again yesterday and the same flights were now £300 dearer so credit wouldn’t cover it! It’s really not the best way to deal with their loyal customers. 
  • Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That is a trouble with vouchers  is the question are you protected?
    Also another trouble is,  when you look at flights, you can look at many different airlines  then decide who you want to travel with,
    taking a voucher gives you only one choice.
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure