We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

OR interview - current waiting time?

Options
Hi everyone

For those who have recently gone BR how long did it take before submitting your application and getting the OR interview date? I am going to submit my form today (once I pluck up enough courage!) and wanted to know current waiting times for the actual big interview.  I know that the email usually comes confirming BR within a day or two but want to know how long I may have to wait before I get to speak to the OR.  I want to take some annual leave around that time to get things organised and prepared.  I am a key worker and working full time atm and am owed some leave.  I know it probably differs for everyone but during this COVID crisis I wonder if it is taking longer than 2 wks ie. a month? or if it is actually quicker than normal?

Many thanks
Holly

Comments

• Morfx
    Morfx Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine was just over 3 weeks, but that was before the pandemic.
  • Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there any reason why you couldn’t have the interview during your leave? Presumably you can’t actually go anywhere. It’ll only take maximum an hour.
  • Fighter1986
    Fighter1986 Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I honestly don't recall having an OR interview at all, but don't panic yourself, the insolvency service will be quite flexible.

I know it can feel daunting now but I promise, it's no big deal, just a chat about what happened financially, then life goes on  :)
  • peterparker12
    Options
    How did it go? have you had it yet?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills