Ryanair/Easyjet

My mate has been trying to get refunds back from both airlines.  Today I have read that Ryanair will not refund until this situation is over, not sure about easyjet except to say they are anything but easy. They have hung up on her this morning, she has phoned the CAA and the chap said she would have to keep trying to ring them as otherwise they would close the case. Surely they can't do this if there are no refunds until we get some idea of what's going on. ? We should have gone to Benidorn at the end of March.

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I would go over to this Board and find the existing threads for both Ryan Air Refunds and EasyJet Refunds and look through those.  Lots of existing reported situations very similar to yours.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/travel-chaos-help-info
  • fuzzypanda35
    fuzzypanda35 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 April 2020 at 4:59PM
    I had two Easyjet flights to Milan booked which both got cancelled. One in March which they refunded fairly quickly to their credit. The second flight was for Easter Saturday and the refund wasn't so forthcoming. I've had to badger them on Twitter to get them to respond but today they've sorted it. Don't get angry with them, but send a polite message on Twitter if possible. They will get back to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback